Feature Requests: What do you want to see in PiPlay?
  • Hey All,

Please put any feature requests you want in this thread. Thanks!

-Shea

---------------------
    Requests:

✓ Silent Booting / Splash Screen
    ✓ More Emulators like NES, Genesis, Stella and SNES
    ✓ Xbox Controller Support
    ✓ Joystick Game Pad Controller Support in Menu (In PiMame 0.8)
    Unreal Speccy Portable (Spectrum Emulator)
    Picodrive emulator
    PS3 Controller Support?
    ✓ Power down from menu
    Hifiberry audio support
    Easy access to the emulator config files
    Super FX SNES Games
    ✓ apt-get update/upgrade without stuffing everything up
    Replace Gameboy emulator?
    Amiga Emulator
    GP-WIZ40 out of the box support
  • Any speedups that could be made to boot time?
  • Snes/superfamicon and/or sega Génesis emu?
    Is IT possible easy switch between emu's?
  • I'm waiting on a Daphne port myself (although I suspect the RPI might not be up to the task)
  • I'd love a more minimal build image (based on Arch instead of Debian, for example).
  • Map the keys in all the emulators to use the MAME keyboard keys. I haven't had time to play with all the emulators but I just figured out how to map them for SNES9x.
  • Definitely a NES emulator! FCEUX is supposed to be rad. The MAME4all was a great addition!
  • Mapping all keys to MAME keys is def a high priority for me. Thanks!
  • Is it possible to make a version of Cabrio Frontend?
    Hyperspin is a marvelous software, but Cabrio looks like a good opponent.
    What do you think about this?
    Regards
  • I Second the Stella emulator. I have installed it outside of the PiMAME and it works, but it's sloooow and weird.
  • Xbox 360 controller support would be awesome (see xboxdrv)
  • Hi - I like the simplicity of the existing frontend, but I am wondering if it's possible to customize the frontend so the font is smaller? Perhaps even use a different font such as slicker.ttf, like the old gamelauncher frontend?

Cheers

sam

Update: actually I just realised this request is really just for mame4all, perhaps this is the wrong place to post. sorry :)
  • Integrate some kind of GPIO driver. Something like

https://github.com/mmoller2k/pikeyd
  • Shea, are you ever going to add in a PS2 or Gamecube emulators?
  • I don't think the raspberry pi has the power needed to emulate the PS2 or gamecube unfortunately.
  • Nicktones is right, at this point I don't believe the PS2 and higher will be able to emulated. I hope I am wrong.

-Shea
  • I would *love* to see the ILI9325 TFT driver incorporated into the build. I think this is a super cool project http://spritesmods.com/?art=rpi_arcade and he's posted a kernel patch, but I still have not been successful in setting up to cross compile a kernel. I'm just more of a hardware guy.
  • James, I actually have been playing with the Sainsmart TFT LCDs. You should try these images: https://github.com/notro/fbtft/wiki#downloads

• Hey thanks for that link, now if I can just find time to give it a try.

Do you know if that supports the ILI9325? IIRC this is a 320x240 display, while a lot of the smaller TFTs are lower resolution.
  • Maybe this already exists, maybe it doesn't (I'm sorry if it does), but could you start putting the PiMAME version/release number somewhere? Maybe on the main menu? Or even just on the Tools menu?
  • I'll look into adding VICE :)
  • Hi, SSilver2k2.

I'm actually making a cabinet with the raspberry and your software (Look amazing and i think you are great).
    Today i see a great new.
    PiFBA si announced!!!
    I'm a D&D tower of doom fan. Is it possible to include this one in next versions of pimame?
    Thanks very much, crack!!
  • If you want to see any photo of my cabinet, tell me where i can post it.
    PiFBA rules!!!!
  • Please allow us to map an exit button so we can return to the frontend without pressing escape. ideally an ability to map combo buttons to exit a rom without using the ESC key.
  • Hi,
    Today has Been released a new version of pifba with 2 player joystick support.
    Is possible to include this in your fantastic program?
    Regards.
  • hello is it possible to run the emulator Daphne on the PI ? thank you
  • First of all I just want to say excellent job with this bundle of emulators !!
    Second is a question is it possible to emulate a psp with a raspian pie ?
    Cheers ,
    Clas
  • Request: integration of Picodrive into Pimame: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=53061

Runs segacd/megacd at full speed!
  • Posible return kernel 3.2? New kernel problems with Arcade stick axis.
  • Scrooge: I'll look into picodrive and see how well it works :)
  • I've been having trouble getting x11vnc to work. Any chance this could be integrated?
  • I second pikeyd
  • Not overwriting modified configs on update/install would be awesome
  • Would it be possible Unreal Speccy Portable - Sinclair ZX Spectrum?

Thanks
  • Pikeyd and Ultrastik 360 support (libusb, libhid y ultrastikcmd1.3 )

Thankyou very much.
  • Don't have my system with me but is pygame included in the system? Write a couple of scripts. First script would setup a joystick and the second would be a modification to the initial menu to accept joystick control.
  • pygame is installed by default. I added like 8 lines or something to my copy of the menu for joystick input and it works well.
  • PS3 controller support would be awesome. I would be happy with just USB, but I'v also seen people get it to work with a bluetooth dongle.
  • A universal 'controller configuration' tool would be really helpful.

Digging around for configuration files is quite cumbersome. I'm still not sure how to configure the NES emulator for my Xbox 360 controller.

Would be great to have a tool where you just picked a system and it would prompt you to press left, right, up, down, A, B, etc on your controller. And boom. Everything is assigned.
  • Good Idea. I'll add a button to the main page for that.
  • Here are some interesting projects that has come out the past 1/2 years for the original Xbox 1:

Atari Jaguar -> Virtual JaguarX v0.98 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvwXfTjqvW4
    Panasonic 3DO -> 3dox - www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUXrXMJALo8
    Sega Saturn -> Yabause CE - www.youtube.com/watch?v=xURnm59-5d4

They do not run 100% but might be still of interest to bring over to the Raspberry Pi as they have been optimized for the Xbox 1 which is pretty weak by todays standards but when it came out it was quite powerful. But this is good as it should be on the same level as the Raspberry Pi.

These are all compiled with the official xbox devkit, thus are not in wide circulation. But if it sparks anyones interest I think they're (source code) on the xbins ftp http://xbins.org/faq.php

If anything these videos will atleast serve as inspiration for what might be possible on the Raspy after Nintendo 64 has been tackled :)
  • hi all , just few words about cabrio-fe (cabrio-fe.org) ...

* Compilation OK (probleme with video.c but don't failed)

* Launch OK (you have to install somme lib or error on launch)

* Snap OK / Rotation background KO / wheel OK / Launching Game OK

See you ... :)
  • @berzerking
    Cabrio looks great! How about performance? Can you please open a new post with a tutorial about compilation?

@SSilver2k2
    Your work with Pimame is fantastic. It's possible to have a front-end like chameleon pi (http://chameleon.enging.com/), wah!cade (http://www.anti-particle.com/wahcade.shtml) or Cabrio? Thank you
  • @gmello

hey, actually it s depend of the number of roms. cabrio work with xml (=> static), so more long is the file more long the charging is during :)

i'm working on it. Actually for the compilation i created a fork just for me wich is compiling with some warning : TuxBrio.

when i ll have the time to do it i'll make a video + tuto on DEADPOOL ARCADE REALISATION and on a new thread in this forum :)

see you :)
  • Ok i just finish to try with "sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-swx11" and it s slow .... really ... really slow ... arf . i continue to work on it with some stuff like alternative 3D drivers for pi ... see you :)
  • +1 for PS3 controller support please - usb would be great, bluetooth would be fantastic!
    Thanks for all the great work!
  • Support for super fx snes games!
  • hi all i start a new project for a new FE write in python : PYRHARCKADE
  • Sorry I am a noob here, I am making a cabinet as a hobby... and picked up a Raspberry Pi 512. I was looking at some of the emulations modes... I was wondering if there was any emulation for the PC-Engine? I been a huge fan of my japanese unit since the mid 90's. Is that something that might or could be added for the future?
  • Is it possible to have all the menu's work with space/ctrl/option instead of return? With a mame keymapping, the first 3 action buttons are mapped as ctrl/opt/space, and return is often behind a shifted button.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!