uploading roms
  • i log into rom uploader web interface (user:pi pswd:raspberry), click on the "roms" folder, select a rom to upload and click "upload" and nothing happens. i try to create a folder in the "roms" folder and still nothing happens. so i try going up to the "pi" folder and can upload roms and create folders. now i go into rasbian to use file manager to move the rom that i just uploaded to the "pi" over to the "roms" folder and get "error moving file:permision denied. i then check permisions on various folders and notice that it seems the folders that i am having problems with (ex:roms, mame4all, snes) permisions have "owner:root and group:root". and the folders that work to upload roms have permisions "owner:pi and group:pi". Is this why i can't upload to the "roms" folder? and if so, how can i fix it?
  • this always happens after i post a discussion. i think that i solved my problem. in rasbian i opened the "pi" folder with file manager, clicked on "tools" and then "open current folder as root" i was then able to edit the user and group. i changed them from root to pi. now i am able to use the rom uploader!!! hopefully someone can confirm that this was ok to do. now, on to have some fun with PiMame!!!
  • This was a proper fix. Also a helpful bit of troubleshooting to post.
  • as a side not with the web interface any chance an option to upload more than one ROM at a time?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!