MAME - not listing ROMS ?
  • Firstly, just joined, hi all,

I just discovered PiPLAY, installed the latest version and then installed the Mame emulators using the supplied icon.

When i run either of the MAME emulators I just get a screen with a nice history of the emulator and a back key.

If I log in to the web uploader I do get a list of ROMS i copied in from a USB stick.

I did a search of this forum but no joy.

Thanks in advance :-)
  • Have you checked that the ROMS are uploaded in the right folder?
    Make sure your PiPlay is connected to the internet and give the ROM Scraper a go. Maybe it sorts things out.
  • I have the same problem but with snes. The roms are in the correct folder and the scraper find 15 games, the pimame-menu also show the number "15" in the snes icon but none of them is listed when I enter in snes, I can see only the "back" and the snes description.
    The roms are correct because I can start them manually from the terminal.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Hey nachito,
    Have you checked in the web frontend if the ROMs appear in the database? If not, that might be the reason.
    Have a look at the output of the scrapper if there is an issue with accessing the database file.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!