2 USB ports, how do I set controls for two xbox controllers?
  • As the title says.
    It does not detect the controller if I use the keyboard to press TAB, then unplug it and plug in the controller.

Does anyone have an idea how to do this, or should I get an usb HUB.

Thanks for help.
  • I assume my previous phrasing was too vague, so I am trying again:

My Raspberry Pi has only two slots for USB.
    I need to activate the controller setup menu by pressing TAB on my keyboard, which uses one USB slot.
    The other USB slot has my XBOX controller.
    But I can then only setup a single controller, since I don't have any USB ports left.

Is there a way to edit the config file of the controllers in text or does someone have a pre-setup config file?
    The other option I would guess is an USB HUB, but I don't want to always have the USB HUB attached to the Pi.

Thanks for your time.
  • pressing 'button3' on any usb gamepad will open the menu as well. Xbox controllers need to be set up by first activating them on the main menu ('enable xbox controller') and then you'll also need to edit '/home/pi/pimame/config/xboxdrv_mapping.cfg'. I know that you can get 2 controllers working, I just can't remember what you need to include. If you search for xboxdrv config, you should be able to find the settings you need for 2 controllers.
  • I resolved in this way:

1. connect the 2 xbox controllers.
    2. lsusb -v
    3. copy the 2 vendor id of the peripherals.
    4. create an executable sh file with these instructions:

xboxdrv --device-by-id "1bad:f505" --type xbox360 --quiet --trigger-as-button --dpad-only --id 0 --led 10 --silent & sleep 1
    xboxdrv --device-by-id "1bad:f505" --type xbox360 --quiet --trigger-as-button --dpad-only --id 1 --led 10 --silent & sleep 1

change the 2 ids with yours.

5. give the file the exec privilege

6. exec the following command:

cp /etc/init.d/
    update-rc.d /etc/init.d/ defaults

7. reboot and try.

I hope this will works.
  • Alright, I have gotten the two xbox controllers to work.
    There is just one more thing that I found odd, but already happened when I was only using 1 controller.

In the NES the button "B" will activate both "A" and "B".
    I've tried reconfiguring using the inbuilt controller setup.
    But each time it maps the "B" button to also press "A" at the same time.

---
    Alright, so further investigation pointed out that it's just not overwriting the previous config.
    How do I remove the previous config so I can generate a brand new one with the controller setup menu?

It also seems I can't return to menu from the xbox controllers, but I read somewhere on the forum that this is because of the emulator and would be fixed in further updates.

Thanks for your help.
  • Right, the nes emulator only allows for keyboard keys for escape. the config file for fceux is located in the hidden folder at /home/pi/.fceux/fceux.cfg
  • Hey @dekkres, did you figure out how to fix the NES A+B thing? I'm having the same problem.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!