PiPlay not using USB controller as input. [Solved]
  • Hello, I have been having a bit of trouble with my Raspberry Pi, and was wondering if someone on here could help.
    I am trying to use a Logitech f310 USB controller for PiPlay. I updated Xboxdrv to 0.8.6, and the controller is powered and will display my actions through the console if I use "sudo xboxdrv". The problem is, the Pi won't use the controller as an input, on both the PiPlay menu, and inside games. Is there a specific way I need to set the controller to be used as the input device? Thank you.

10/16/15 EDIT: I forgot to include a few details. The controller only works with the Pi on X Input mode, it won't show up or be powered if using Direct. I have also tried using a powered USB hub, and had the exact same results.
  • I had luck with a wireless Logitech f710. The mode toggle switch needs to be set to X. After that it worked exactly like a USB Xbox controller.
  • Yeah, the X input mode is the only one that will work, it won't read Direct. (Sorry for not mentioning that, I'm new to these forms.) Was there anything you had to do to set your controller as the input, ChrisW?
  • Other than toggling the Xbox controller setting on in piplay, no. The f710 worked out of the box. I did not have luck with the f310 but I never got it powered on. I assumed it was because I needed it connected through a powered USB hub but have not gotten around to that yet. If you're getting it powered I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.
  • Ok, thank you. I'll try to work on it some more, I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, like a config somewhere. Thanks.
  • I figured the problem out. For some reason, the Pi wouldn't accept my controller if it wasn't in the first USB port. I just moved it over, and it's working now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!