Doing something stooopid with ROM uploader
  • Hi,

I have just fresh installed PiPlay 0.8 beta 9 on a pi version 2.

I can get to the web front end for the ROM uploader, I can drag files to the window (or click to select them) but it never asks me for a username/password, and it never seems to actually do anything with the files. I cannot find that they are actually uploaded anywhere.

I'm sure I'm doing something stooopid, but even after trawling the discussion forums here I can't figure out what it is.

Please advise!

Thanks!
  • I also am having this problem
  • the username/password portion has not been part of the web front end for a while now, so don't worry about that.

you do need to make sure that they are the right format. The web frontend only allows specific file extensions
    'txt', 'pdf', 'png', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'zip', 'smc', 
    'n64', 'gen', 'v64', 'bin', 'smd', 'SMC', 'GEN',
    'BIN', 'SMD', 'gba', 'GBA', 'gb', 'GB', 'ZIP'

You can also do like a lot of people do and grab a free copy of an ftp client like FileZilla and upload the files to /home/pi/pimame/roms/*whatever-emulator*/
  • yeah, we can edit that pretty easily. It's just located in a file called /home/pi/pimame/pimame-web-frontend/app.py

just look for the area that says:
    ALLOWED_EXTENSIONS = ['txt', 'pdf', 'png', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'zip', 'smc',
    'n64', 'gen', 'v64', 'bin', 'smd', 'SMC', 'GEN',
    'BIN', 'SMD', 'gba', 'GBA', 'gb', 'GB', 'ZIP']

• I definitely recommend going down the FileZilla FTP route. Was having plenty of trouble with files timing out and not uploading properly with the browser based utility.
  • yeah, unfortunately there is a lot of restrictions when it comes to browser based uploads. Different browsers handle it it different ways. Some put caps on the number of files that can go at once, some put caps on file size. I usually recommend ftp if you have more than a handful of games to upload.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!