Issue with Mame4All
  • Hi, I am having difficulty accessing any Mame4All rom from the frontend PiPlay menu games list; it keeps booting me back to the list. I can access the roms from the command line but not from the frontend, which doesn't appear to be pointing to the right folder where the games are. I've double-checked that the roms are uploaded to the correct folder and the SNES roms boot correctly and can be played - the Mame4All roms cannot. I'm a relative newbie so a clear, step-by-step, fix would be appreciated. F.
  • Does the frontend have a setting that you can turn on to put it in "debug" mode so you can see what command line it's trying to run? Or maybe there's a shell script that it writes to that you can open to see the command line.
  • No, there is no 'debug' mode that I can see. There appears to be an image app.py or launchmenu.py frontend error that's unique to execution of MAME4All roms. There was no issue with the roms via the frontend SNES emulator
  • I would start by using the database tool to see the command line being executed for a given option. The issue should be obvious.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!