Managing ROMS - clrmamepro
  • So I finally figured out how clrmamepro works to setup ROMS for Mame4All. However, as an example, I got 1942 to work by using clrmamepro. But the Rebuild process leaves me with 3 files (1942, 1942b, Commando). All files are needed to operate the game. I don't want them all to show up in my Mame4All menu; I just want 1942. I have to believe I am doing something wrong still to either not get all the required files in one zip. Can someone point me in the right direction?
  • you will want to use 'merge' sets when running clrmame pro. That will create 'parent sets' that contain the main game along with all of the clones in one file.
  • Merge Sets is grayed out. I am using the dat file from the Mame4All folder. Should I get one elsewhere and would Mame4All even support the parent sets?
  • The datfile defines if you can split/fully merge sets. you need to use a dat file that defines the parent/clone relationships. yes, mame4all does support them.
  • Got another dat. Now I'm working well. Thanks!
  • @mcoulter... where did you get the dat that worked for you? thanks
  • http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats/
    I used the 0.37 file and so far it worked for the few games I tried
  • So i have one more question on clrmamepro. Ran it though my ROMS and seemed to work okay and got a bunch more ROMS work. However its populated my rom list with an absolute stack of roms titles i didnt previously have before. I realise that some may be subordinates required to make the existing ones work but wondering if i should go through and manually delete ones that i wouldnt think have any baring or..?
  • That is something I have not figured out for certain either. I played with some that worked without the other files but others that failed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!