piSNES second player KEYBOARD controls not working
  • Hi all,
    I'm using latest PiPlay 0.8 BETA 9.
    The version of pisnes here is supposed to handle keyboard for 2 players cf this post:
    http://piplay.org/forum/discussion/514/pisnes-second-player-controls-question/p1

I use an iPAC2, which emulates a keyboard.
    I managed to have MAME, NEOGEO, and GENESIS working with my key mapping (see my other posts).

But for piSNES, no way, the 2nd player controls are just ignored. Also tried typing directly on the keyboard the keys for UP, DOWN, etc.

Config:
    - I use Super Mario Kart.
    - I changed /home/pi/pimame/emulators/pisnes/snes9x.cfg
    - I used the key codes shown in /usr/include/SDL/SDL_keysym.h
    - Keys for 2nd player up,right,down,left are : r g f d

The author can easily check, just plug a keyboard, and see that keys are ignored for player 2 (all ok for player 1).

[Keyboard]
    # Get codes from /usr/include/SDL/SDL_keysym.h
    A_1=306
    B_1=304
    X_1=308
    Y_1=122
    L_1=32
    R_1=120
    START_1=50
    SELECT_1=54
    LEFT_1=276
    RIGHT_1=275
    UP_1=273
    DOWN_1=274
    QUIT=27
    ACCEL=999

#player 2 keyboard controls
    A_2=97
    B_2=119
    X_2=115
    Y_2=105
    L_2=113
    R_2=116
    START_2=49
    SELECT_2=53
    LEFT_2=100
    RIGHT_2=103
    UP_2=114
    DOWN_2=102

• download this and replace your /home/pi/pimame/emulators/pisnes/snes9x file with it.
    make sure that you set your permissions on that file to 755
  • YESSSSS :)
    it now works with this binary, thanks !
    Is this fix something you already posted somewhere already ?
    If you did it on the source repository, I didn't try to build my self yet, but I could start to do that, if it can help to do the beta-testing.

Again thanks for your fast answer, keep the good work !
    Regards / Chris
  • it's the same build as the one posted in the other thread, I'm guessing that something just went wrong when you built it. It's all good though. I'm hoping that this gets included in one of the updates soon, it seems to keep getting left out.
  • Actually I found that playing 2 player sessions at Super Mario Kart, the emulator is "resetting" quite often (just like we hit a Reset button : back to Nintendo boot screen).
    So there are maybe some work in progress somewhere.
    No problem for 1 player games though...

I didn't create a new post for that, because I can't know if this problem exists in official binary of pisnes, maybe only in this build?
  • I haven't run into that at all.
  • Maybe keyboard related, as I use iPac, not an usb joystick controller
  • I use gpio (which is keyboard) and usb joystick. I'm wondering if one of your buttons may be hard coded in as a reset key. It's been a while since I looked at that code, so I don't quite remember.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!