Deleting roms
  • Hi,
    i found another discussion here where a user asked how to delete a rom. I have deleted roms from mame4all in x without problem, however I have also deleted all my advancemame roms from the roms folder and the roms are still shown in the piplay ui!! I have searched through the directory structure looking for these phantom roms but cant find them. Is there something obvious I am missing? Incidentally I cant get any roms in adv to run at all, just gives me a whole load of error of things missing, even if I try to run a rom which I know has no parents and does not rely on bios roms.
  • have ru the scraper a number of times but the roms are still shown on advmame in th ui
  • hhmm. seems risky, especially as I am not 100 percent sure of what i am doing. any other suggestions?
  • @enlischdude - If you have deleted the roms and then run the scraper, they should disappear, but if they don't, you can run the scraper from the command line with the following flag:
    python /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/scraper/scrape-script.py --clean_slate True
    That will delete all of the roms in each category that you scrape, then re-add only the roms that exist.
  • @mholgatem : tried that, but the roms were still there. I have now managed to delete the files in the ui by copying another rom in the advmame roms directory and THEN running the scraper again. seems to be a bug of sorts. problem solved
  • Having the same issue as @englischdude

Had roms in mame4all, moved/ added more to advacedmame. I deleted everything from mame4all but it still shows that I have 2 roms there, even after running the scraper from the command line like @mholgatem said.

edit: I was able to finally remove the 2 roms from showing up erroneously inside mame4all.

I went into the Local Roms page of PiPlay's frontend and deleted the listings for the roms from there. I returned to the pi and used the rom scraper on mame4all and this stopped them from being shown
  • Same issue here. Englischdude's solution is the only I can find that works.
  • @isaaachaas4 - when you run into this problem, is it with one of the 'arcade'(mame4all/advmame/fba) emulators as well? It will help me narrow down this bug. The scraper handles console and arcade games separately.
  • @mholgatem - Sorry for the delayed response. It seems to occur only with the arcade emulators (advmame in my case). I recently cleared my GBA folder and after rebooting the GBA stuff was up-to-date.

Running on a 1GB B+.
  • so I fixed the issue with it. Should be updated in the next version.
  • Scrape isn't working for me at all now with advMAME and MAME4ALL. I tried everything listed in this post and they just don't seem to update. Hopefully the new version of PiPlay comes out soon.
  • In command line, you can use this to get my latest version of the scraper. Let me know if you have any problems.

wget -O /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/scraper/scrape_script.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mholgatem/pimame-menu/master/scraper/scrape_script.py

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!