Boot animation
  • Lets share our boot animations!

Since I got the pi2 I realized that the boot animation doesn't have to be as long so I made these two.
    Version 1 is about 17 seconds long
    Version 2 is about 13 seconds long.

BTW they are very dumb, so if you are into that kind of thing then feel free to use them, you have been warned.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3a18qexhepvyims/AAAqXnEl0UaLGBozdopqm3uaa?dl=0

Note:
    Boot video needs to be in .mov format
    Loading images need to be in .png format
  • The way I put these on my system is I throw them on a flash drive and the I press esc on the piplay menu, type "startx" which takes me to the desktop environment. Then I plug in my flash drive and I can access the video.

The stock video is titled PiPLAY.mov
    it can be found in home/pi/pimame
    Rename the stock video as PiPLAY2.mov
    replace it with the new video which you will rename as PiPLAY.mov

if you want to replace the loading images then you will need to replace the one in the folder of the theme you are using.
    Themes can be found here:
    home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/themes
    Loading image is titled:
    loading_screen.png

I have added a loading image in the shared dropbox folder if anyone wants to test it out.
  • Haha that loading video is quite amusing
  • works nice. cheers!
  • Do you know the minimum length the animation can be?
  • i have a 18-19 sec "Game Centra1 Wr3ck it ra1ph" intro i edited with Adobe Premier and then boots into whatever theme you are using. I have used a 14 sec clip on another Class 10 sd.

Let me know if you can get it down further on Pi2?

How low can we go?
  • I took the stock animation and sped it up to 12 seconds and still works fine. Maybe 10 seconds is possible?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!