SNES9x / Pi2 any Plans on updating?
  • After i spent half the Day trying to get Starfox running i finally found out that the SNES9X Version which comes with PiPlay simply wont play it.

The Reason , according to the Readme file, is that while the newer Versions may have some advantages (for example emulating more Games who had fancy chips on the cartridges pcb) especially the original Pi suffers because the newer versions are also more demanding Hardware wise.

As a Pi2 owner two question come to my mind:

1: Are there any plans or thoughts on updating the SNES9x version anyway? Maybe optional for Pi2?

2: is there a (rather simple) way of doing that myself?
    (i have a vague idea on how to install it but i think it would take more than that to make it show up in the frontend?)

Besides that im having a Blast with PiPlay, really really enjoying it!
  • We have talked about writing some code that would download more capable emulators when piplay is installed on a pi2, but that generally means a lot of modification and tweaking to the emulator itself for optimum performance on a wide array of configurations. That being said, if you want to do the legwork of installing it, it's actually pretty easy to add it to the piplay menu

you just need to go to the web interface (type your rpi ip into a browser). go to the database admin->menu items->create
  • oh okay, ill give it a shot!
  • let me know if you have any questions on it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!