total noob. need help!
  • First off... this platform is incredible, and with a bit of elbow grease I've got most of everything working.

unfortunately I'm having quite a bit of control problems. I've configured the controllers [generic 360 wired cobtrollers], downloaded the xboxdrv drivers. Both controllers work in the menu, but in dr Mario for nes I can only get 1st player to work. All other emulators 2 player controls seem to work.

Also when I start psx, the command pops up and I see something pop on screen along the lines of "have a nice day :]" and it just dumps to a black screen. I've placed tge bios in the rim folder but the menu to choose any games never shows just that black screen. I'm using the most recent piplay release. 64 gb micro sd. And a rpi b+

I'm a total Linux noob so I need a completely detailed fix. I've searched to no end and haven't found anything.
  • ANY help for a total noob?
  • I'm not sure about the psx, but have you tried any other games on nes? also, when you say that you configured both controllers, do you mean using the xboxdrv config file or with the 'controller config' in the piplay main menu?
  • I'm not sure about the psx, but have you tried any other games on nes? also, when you say that you configured both controllers, do you mean using the xboxdrv config file or with the 'controller config' in the piplay main menu?
  • I used the piplay configuration setup In the main menu. but also used the "sudo nano get xbox drv" command, because my xbox lights were always flashing, and I was trying to set the 1st and 2nd player controllers. Right now they switch anytime i restart the RPI.

Pcsx I read used to have a bios file in home/pi. Couldn't find such folder. Does the bios go in the rim folder with the unzipped games? I can't even access the main menu of pcsx. It crashes right to a black screen right off the bat

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!