piplay not saving controller map Xbox 360 wireless
  • I am using a wireless Xbox 360 controller. I have mapped the buttons and dpad for the snes. When I use it in a snes game the movement switches to the left analog stick and the dpad controls save states. I have also opened 
    Nano /home/pi/pimame/config/xboxdrv_mapping.cfg
    The controller mapping in the .cfg file matches what I input in the controller mapping so I don't know what is going wrong. 
    Let me know if I need to post a screen shot of any particular files. Thanks again for all the help.
  • I have a similar issue with genesis, but Im not using an xbox controller.
  • I have posted this a couple time and have seen a couple other posts about it but no responses.
  • Issues to add to this problem. My controller does not work at all with nes emulator and start button does not work with genesis.
  • Update to the update, had to map both controller 1 & 2 for piplay to save the mapping for genesis. So genius GTG. Snes still only works with analog stick no dpad. controller does not work at all with NES.
  • I think that your controller is not getting initialized properly. I just tested (initialized right/wrong). I was able to duplicate your problem, as well fix it with this solution: http://pimame.org/forum/discussion/1735/bugs-in-8-beta-9#Item_6
  • Sweet!!! That second flag nailed it man thanks a million. Genesis, NES, SNES works perfect now. I can plug the rpi2 in watch the boot up and control everything with my Xbox 360 controller. Yay! Next on the list, install an in line power switch for my rpi2. That's hardware though easy peasy. Thanks for all the help!!!!
  • yep. glad to help. Sorry it took me so long to get to it.
  • Np thanks again. There are a lot of folks with questions on here.
    And here is another lol.
    I got player one controller to work flawless, led and everything. But I can't seem to get player 2 to go as smooth. Led won't light up to a specific location and buttons won't map either.I followed instructions on the FAQ section but I seem to be missing something.

Here is a pic of my /home/pi/.profile

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u391/wirthjp/Mobile Uploads/20150412_202404_zps5mblczok.jpg

I tried writing a second flag for the xboxdrv_mapping2.cfg file to detach the kernel as well but that didn't do anything. I placed it right below the line for the first detach kernel.

I also saw this, (link below) with both controllers on and sync'd, player 1 led lit and player 2 led all 4 still flashing. Looks like it's not initializing the driver for the second controller but my .profile script looked good to me.

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u391/wirthjp/Mobile Uploads/20150412_213217_zpsbylzhvts.jpg

Let me know if I need to upload any other
    screens shots.
  • ok, I think what you need to do is something like this:

if [ "$DISPLAY" == "" ] && { "$SSH_CLIENT" == "" ] && [ "$SSH_TTY" == "" ]; then
    cd /home/pi/pimame/pimame-web-frontend/; sudo gunicorn app:app -b 0.0.0.0:80 &
    sudo xboxdrv --detach-kerneldriver --silent --wid 0 --config /home/pi/pimame/config/xboxdrv_mapping.cfg --dbus session &
    sleep 1
    sudo xboxdrv --detach-kerneldriver --silent --wid 1 --config /home/pi/pimame/config/xboxdrv_mapping.cfg --dbus session &
    cd /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/
    python launchmenu.py
    fi
  • I did that but both controllers mapped to player one. So I tried same thing with separate .cfg file for mapping second controller and it seems like xboxdrv is not reading the second config file.
  • maybe this? (I'm just shootin' in the dark here, I only have 1 xbox controller to test with)

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 0 --led 1 --silent --config /home/pi/pimame/config/xboxdrv_mapping.cfg &
    sleep 1
    xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 1 --led 2 --silent --config /home/pi/pimame/config/xboxdrv_mapping.cfg &
  • @wirthjp I'm trying to do the same thing. Check out my post here to see what my successes and failures are so far. http://piplay.org/forum/discussion/comment/6640#Comment_6640

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!