Joystick problem
  • I'm still having a heckuva time getting joystick to work. I've updated to the latest version of Piplay beta9 (through updater). There seems to maybe be a conflict between having usb keyboard plugged in and joystick. I get intermittantly working joystick. I know that joystick is sending signals via GPIO as I can navigate Piplay menu with it. Thoughts?
  • there shouldn't be any conflict between a usb keyboard/usb joystick/gpio joystick. I have all three set up on my system with no problems. I assume that your gpio joystick is using adafruit's retrogame (or some variant thereof) to send keystrokes? When you are in the command line, does it consistently send keystrokes to the terminal or is it intermittent there as well?
  • I continue to have issues with xin-mo joystick response. I was able to set the joystick to work in NES, SNES, and mame4all, but not in entirety. Mind you, this was still troublesome from a clean install of beta-9.
    Quit from joystick doesn't work in NES and I can't even quit keyboard wise. In mame4all, I cannot get the joystick buttons to neither coin feed, start, nor quit. I have checked the config files (fceux.cfg and mame.cfg), and the settings are getting altered by piplay... Perhaps the codes that are entered aren't correct.
    Interesting note:
    In mame.cfg I changed:

[frontend]
    K_QUIT=8 from K_QUIT=27
    J_QUIT=8
    J_START=7
    J_SELECT=6

The behavior is still the same (Escape on keyboard quits), no buttons on joystick modify start, select, or quit.

In fceux.cfg:

SDL.Hotkeys.Quit = 8
    doesn't do anything other than prevent me from quitting keyboard-wise (have to pull power on PI to exit).

Any clues?

Thank you for a great emulator.

-Fattyphunt

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!