(Need help) My pi's I.P. adress is not working.
  • After loading up the os of the latest version (Beta 8 0.8) I wanted to download roms. I know the IP of my Pi, and I know that in order to add roms I need to type the I.P into my browser to get to a site that allows me to add roms.

I have two problems:
    Earlier today I was able to get into the site and able to drag in roms, but not able to actually upload them. I was never given an "Upload" or "Confirm" button. I was also never asked to give a password/username, like many tutorials said I would have to.

Now I have another problem. Even though my Pi is on and connected to the internet, I am not able to access its IP in any browsers. It definetely has internet access, and is definitely on, but I am not able to get to the I.P site either on my Pi or on my laptop. If anyone could help me out and tell me what's going on I would really appreciate it.
  • just to be sure, you're connecting to the ip address you get when running the following command on the pi:

ifconfig eth0

(assuming you're using the ethernet port)

and you're connecting from a computer on the same side of your internet gatewall/wireless router/firewall (etc)?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!