Mame4All gamelist screen
  • I've got the latest beta up and running on a vertical display in a cocktail table. Where is the config file for the gamelist display? The left side displays the selectable gamelist... the top right has the snaps and the bottom right the game data. I'd like to resize the image and customize it a bit but can't find the right file.

EDIT... Just realized it's not a mame4all specific question as it's the same layout for all the emulators. I'm certain to find the answer myself soon.
  • right now, if you want to increase the image size, you need to edit the source code. It's /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/pmmenu/romlistscene.py

lines 54, 55, and 56
    self.boxart_area = pygame.Rect(0, self.info_container.top, self.info_container.w / 2, int(self.info_container.h * .4))

self.info_box = pygame.Rect(0, self.info_container.top, self.info_container.w / 2 - padding, int(self.info_container.h * .4))

self.description_area = pygame.Rect(0, self.info_container.top + self.boxart_area.h + padding, self.info_container.w, self.info_container.h - self.boxart_area.h - padding)

each line is specifying a rectangle(left/x position, top/y position, width, height).
    self.boxart_area-> boxart
    self.info_box->game info (number of players, file-name, etc)
    self.description_area->game description
    self.info_container->container for all 3 other rectangles

so right now, self.boxart_area and self.info_box are set to both be half the width of the container and 40% (.4) of its height
    since it's tall and skinny now, you could change them to something like this:
    self.boxart_area = pygame.Rect(0, self.info_container.top, self.info_container.w, int(self.info_container.h * .333))

self.info_box = pygame.Rect(0, self.boxart_area.top + self.boxart_area.h + padding, self.info_container.w, int(self.info_container.h * .333))

self.description_area = pygame.Rect(0, self.info_box.top + self.info_box.h + padding, self.info_container.w, self.info_container.h - self.boxart_area.h - self.info_box.h - (padding*2))

The above code has not been tested, but barring spelling errors, should work to make all areas the full width of the container and ~ 1/3 the height of the container
  • Excellent. I'll get cracking on it later. Thanks for the detailed response.
  • yep. at some point, I plan to implement an easier way to edit those, but we have a lot of other problems that we need to get fixed first. :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!