Trouble connecting to PiPlay website. Anyone else?
  • For about a week now I've been having issues connecting to the PiPlay forum, the main page, and even Shea's blog. Sometimes they will load, other times Google gives a unreachable error. This is happening on my phone (not connected to WiFi), my work PC, and my home PC. Usually if I try again in 20-30 minutes the page will finally load. I'll look at one or 2 posts and the site won't connect again.

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the website or forums?
  • yeah, it's been happening to me too. I'll talk to Shea about it. I think that it's the web host that he is with. We have doubled our page views in the last month (we are now at ~3,000 per day), so that probably has something to do with it.
  • I cant access the rom up loader from any where. I was unsure if its something I had done being new to piplay.
  • I cannot download a good copy of the latest beta.
    it either stops short or zip is corrupt.
  • @tomhubbard83 - If you pi is connected to your router (and you can see your ip address in the corner of piplay), then you may need to check to see if the web-front-end app is running. If you exit piplay to the command line, then type
    python ~/pimame/pimame-web-frontend/app.py
    It'll spit out some text at you, then just sit there. Go to your computer, and input the ip address of your raspberry pi into the browser. If that doesn't work, then let me know of any errors that you get.
  • @Nitrogen_Widget - try using a different browser. I've had a couple of people report that they are having problems with using Firefox and sourceforge. I can verify that the zip file available on sourceforge is valid. I just finished downloading it a few minutes ago for my new sd card.
  • I´ve noticed that entering the main screen is very slow when "check for updates" is activated and the webpage is down. Maybe there could be a faster timeout for this function?
  • good suggestion @Freddy. I'll add it to my list.
  • I was using firefox.
    I switched to chrome & while the download numbers looked strange (no progress being shown) it looks like it downloaded.
    will try this weekend.
  • yeah, I don't know what the deal is with it. it's really strange.
  • I'll try this and let you know what happens. Cheers.
  • No joy with that comes up with

-bash: python~/pimame/pimame-web-frontend/app.py: No such file or directory

and still no connection via IP web front end.
  • Just note.... it took a day and a half to get a confirmation email from user registration :)
  • i am also getting problems the last couple of days. the piplay.org homepage loads everytime, but if I try to navigate to the forum page it sometimes hangs. Sometimes I manage to get to the forum page, log in, type ut a PM or discussion post, but when I try to click send it hangs. This happens about 50% of the time now for the last two days.
  • it's the server. A lot of people from all over the world, including me, have had problems connecting to it. We have also seen a considerable uptick in volume since the pi2 released.
  • So, basically, i have been off and on with my webhost about this. I now know the Firewall has been IP banning people temporarily. I need to discuss why that is happening with them

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!