Very slow performance
  • Hi all.
    Got pimame installed and configured. Loaded up a bunch of mame games and they all seem to be running choppy, or virtually unplayable. Even small games like asteroids runs at what seemed to be 10fps. Do I need to change something? This is a clean, new install with the exception of Samba that I've installed. Other emulator OSes didn't do this.
    Le me know what I can check.
    Thanks!
  • A couple of questions. What version of pi are you using? What is the write speed of your memory card and have you used the same card for the other OSes? What is your memory gpu split? I accidentally bought a class 4 card and it slowed everything way down.
  • Hi and thanks for the reply.
    Interesting. The card is a class 4 and I haven't tried any other OS on it. I stole the card out of my camera because it's 16 gig vs. the 8 gig (class 6) I've been using for other OSes but Pimame was too big for it. That's probably the problem. Other than that... the memory gpu split is at 128. I guess I'll go buy a new card. What is the best available that will work with the Raspberry Pi?
    Thanks again!
  • Class 10 should have the fastest read/write speeds. You can pick up a 32 gig class 10 at microcenter/newegg for $15-$25.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!