New to Raspberry PI, Linux and most importantly, PiPLAY
  • Hi everyone, as the title indicates, I am new to Raspberry PI, Linux and most importantly, PiPLAY. I have installed PiPLAY onto a 16GB SD card and the Raspberry Pi boots directly into PiPLAY. It is at this point I am stuck. There are graphical options to select the Atari2600, C64, Genesis, Install MAME, etc. I would like to be able to install AdvanceMAME and Roms (I have the roms on a flash drive). Can someone tell me how to get to the command line or connect to a network to access the means to transfer roms via the FTP site.
    Can someone help me please?
  • I find it easiest to FTP directly to the pi; the address is in the upper right corner.
    Default would have been user: pi password: raspberry
    cd pimame/roms

Now if you ls, you will see the listing of all the emulators. E.g., if you want Mame roms, put them into either mame4all or advmame.
    If you want to have images of the roms, make sure to create a subdirectory under the directory: i.e., if you have mspacman.zip, put mspacman.png into roms/mame4all/images.

After you've uploaded all your roms to their appropriate locations, use Rom Scraper to update piplay.

Hope this helps.

-Fattyphunt

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!