Custom Menu Items
  • So I managed to add a Start X item on my PiPlay Menu using the Web Frontend. It showed up and it worked perfetly fine. Thing is, since some changes were made for this version... How can I costumize the logo's art? Wher do I place the .PNG file? What script do I have to modify? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • @Pristopher - The art should go into /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/themes/[theme that you are using]

Then edit the theme.yaml and under the menu_items section, add your item as follows:

icon_id: (use the one that you specified in config.db)
    label: (this is the text to display on icon)
    icon_file: (this is the unselected icon)
    icon_selected: (this is the selected icon)
    banner: (image to display behind icon, only works when theme_style: 'slide')

you can also specify an image to use from the config.db under icon_file and icon_selected. They are both relative to the /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/ path.
    so you could specify assets/images/test.png and just put your image inside of the /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/assets/images/ folder
  • Thanks! I'll try it out :D
  • @mholgatem It worked! I'll try to update the custom theme I had on my last version. I'll let you know when it's done. Thanks!!!
  • @Pristopher - Great! Definitely let me know! I'd love to see some other people custom themes!
  • BTW. Is there anyway I can automatically exit to the PiPlay Frontend when I logout from startx?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!