PiPlay 0.8 Beta 8 Testers Wanted (Not for faint of heart)
  • you have to download the images and put them into your /path/to/roms/emulator_name/images folder

check the end of this post for a link to the images.

can you post the error that you get when it crashes?
  • It just exits PiPlay to the terminal screen.
  • ok. i'll have to check into it then.
  • @mholegatem - I have updated the files as suggested but still get the same prob when trying to setup the joysticks. Just to let u know.
  • @Gavat4r - ok, I made some more changes if you want to try it out. You just need to copy pmcontrollerconfig.py from my repo to:
    /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/pmmenu/

let me know if this works. I set it so that there is a debounce delay after each button press, then it clears out all of the events that happened during that delay.
  • @mholgatem I decided to give it a shot again. Burned a fresh image again and followed the instructions on your post and turns out that only the Mame and FBA images show up. Atari 2600 doesn't work.
  • @ mholgatem - I have updated the file and that has fixed the bounce on the joysticks. I have tried advmame and can't seem to get any of the controls working! I'm afraid I've got to go out 2night for a couple of beers, but will investigate further tomorrow. Thanks for your help. (Just in case you want to know I installed noobs version of rasperian and then updated and then installed piplay, then updated to the beta).
  • @Gavat4r - Hey, I'm glad we at least got the debounce on the joysticks fixed!
  • Hi, new to PiPlay and I´m a bit confused atm. It´s very hard to find documentation about how to config.
    I installed the latest image and updated to beta 8 for my rPi2.
    Since its now using sqlite, how do you config the visibility for the emulators? I want to disable a few.
    Is there a way to activate the new slide menu?

Also, In the FAQ its suggested to use a FTP-client for multiple files uploads. But is there a FTPserver installed by default (or maybe SAMBA)?

Overall it looks like an awesome project!
    Thanks!

• @Freddy - In order to hide emulators, you need to edit the config.db -> menu_items table in the web frontend.

The new slide menu is a theme. just press the menu button ('tab' or joystick button 3) then switch your theme to 'slide'.

There is an ftpserver installed by default. just use your pi's ip address with username 'pi':password 'raspberry'
  • @mholgatem - ok tried advmame - no joy. Configures in the menu, but does not work in any of the games. - mame4all crashes telling me it can't find /home/pi/pimame/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame. Neogeo works kind of ! You appear to be able to move with both joysticks and movement is juddering I.e moves stops then moves again. Anyway findings so far.
  • Great, many thanks I´ll have a look

Btw, anyone else having issues with heavy distortions (white noise) using the 3.5 mm?
    I didn't notice it in the clean raspbian image but in PiPlay is quite heavy.

EDIT: the web frontend seems not to start for me default. How can I start it manually?
    EDIT2: this seems to be due "worker failed to boot" error related to Gunicorn. I´ll see what I can find
    EDIT3: its actually "from flask.ext.sqlalchemy import SQLAlchemy" in app.py that is failing
  • @mholgatem Do you, by any chance, happen to have the images for tgfx16?
  • @Pristopher - no, I don't unfortunately. I've been looking for a good place to get them without ripping off any one's hard work.
  • Ok. I'll do some research then. Thanks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!