XBox controllers
  • Hi,

I had a search, but couldn't find anything addressing this issue. I have a functioning xbox 360 wireless controller (using xboxdrv). When I load up xboxdrv, I can see the inputs registering fine in the terminal window.

What I can't seem to do is to get the inputs to be recognised by PiMAME. I am probably missing something really obvious, but is there a way to define an input device for the emulators? So far I have only tried PCSX Rearmed, although I plan on getting some more games on there soon.

I would also like to be able to use the controller to navigate the PiMAME menu.

Thanks for any advice!

Gizmo
  • That's on my todo list. It shoudl work, but I haven't had time yet. If you do get it working, please let me know.
  • Unlikely, but I will see what I can do!

Very new to this stuff!
  • I have been working on this too, I've still not got the controller working with the games but I have found a few things.

(BTW i'm duel booting with berryboot and using a wireless xbox360 controller)

I went to 'sudo xboxdrv' and it recognised the inputs but when I do 'ctrl+c' the driver seemed to stop working so I couldn't do JStest or jscal. However when I opened another terminal window I could use jscal and jstest without terminating the script. When i do ctrl+c it stopped, this is because the js0 file and event3 files vanish. I would find a way to keep the driver running but it seems to interfere with they keyboard. When I am typing in the terminal the keyboard lags and sticks causing me to 'tyyypppee liikkee thissssssss'.

I can imagine that some things I do could be fixed quite easily because I am a noob at all the CLI stuff, I started doing it about 3 days ago. If I find anything I will keep you updated.
  • The way that I've gotten around this issue thus far is by using 'screen'. I run 'sudo xboxdrv' in a screen session, then CTRL+A+D to get out of it but it leaves it running in the background ('screen -dr' to reconnect to it). Then I launch the PiMAME menu and I'm on my way. I will mention though that I'm using a wired controller. I don't know if that really matters though since it sounds like you have gotten xboxdrv to recognize the wireless controller.
  • I'm trying to do this but when I create a screen with 'xboxdrv' in it I cannot press CTRL+A+D to get out, when I press ctrl+c and then ctrl+a+d it works but then it isn't running... ugh
  • Oooooo, good. I'll have to give that a try. And using the "--silent" trick should make it easier to auto start xboxdrv when the Pi first boots up.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!