No ROMS listed in MAME4ALL
  • I've had a look through the forums for a resolution to this and I've followed all the advice but I still can't get MAME4ALL to show any ROMS I've loaded.

All the ROMS are 0.37b5 and I've extracted them into the folders named the same as the ZIP files they came from.

I'm loading them using FileZilla and putting them into /home/pi/emulators/mame4all-pi/roms

I've tried /home/pi/roms/mame4all/ but this appears to be a shortcut to the folder above.

I've also loaded NeoGeo roms into the /home/pi/emulators/mame4all-pi/roms/neogeo folder and they aren't showing in the NeoGeo emulator either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • do not extract the ROM zip files.. just leave the ROM zip files in /home/pi/emulators/mame4all-pi/roms.
  • Thanks bjo88. I did wonder, but it seemed bizarre way of doing things. I'll give it a go! :)
  • That works great for the MAME ROMS, thanks!!

I tried uploaded the zip files for the NeoGeo ROMS, but it's still not finding these.

Any ideas?
  • I am using piFBA for neogeo ROMS... works like charm... this might help... https://code.google.com/p/pifba/
  • thanks bjo88! I'll give it a try
  • bjo88 -

Uh.. Metal Slug 1 & 2 is for Neo Geo and works for me on mame4all with couple of neo-geo files.
  • Hi mikiec I had same problem too, just I solve as is:
    edit file mame.cfg on /home/pi/pimame/emulators/mame4all-pi
    just change this line, from this:
    rompath=roms
    to this:
    rompath=/home/pi/pimame/roms/mame4all
    save and enjoy. (remember to put neogeo.rom inside to neogeo games- like metalslug.)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!