Long time MAME user, 1st time PiPLAY user with PiPlay questions
  • Hi,
    I have been using MAME for a while now and I understand that not all ROMs work with different MAME builds, which is why on my PC I have 4 MAME builds that I use.

I have successfully installed pi play on my pi. I have a few questions

Only some of my ROMs will play on the 2 MAME players that are on the OS.

Is there a place I can go that has ROMs that have been tested on the MAMEs that are on this device? I understand that a lot of users don't give up where they get the ROMs from, I don't know if this is a legal reason? if so can you inbox me?

The sound issue that I have seen in this forum effects me, I have tried changing the sound in the setting, I am guessing that I will need a speaker connected to the pi to get around this

Some games work well
    How ever some games the resolution is out, is there a way I can change this on a game?

Some games are jittery as in the game runs slow, is there any way to speed this up? I have tried over clocking, this did not work.

I have found FTPing is the best way to get games on the device, the web page some times, times out.

I cannot connect to my wireless network, I feel it is because my wireless device is not installed, is there a how to, to check the status of my wireless hardware?

Does PiPlay support 4 joysticks?

Overall I am very impressed with PiPlay, it picked up my joystick with ease and some games run great. :-)
    Coming to this forum and seeing what some people can do is brilliant

• Welcome to the forums ;)
    Unfortunately, for legal reasons there's no linking to ROMs or sites hosting ROMs. Can't really help you there, sorry.

As for connecting to wifi networks, try exiting the menu and in the terminal type:
    lsusb

Could you please post the output of that.

And, unfortunately, PiPLAY doesn't support 4 players, (not officially anyway, there might be ways)

To change the resolution or aspect ration (16:9 / 4:3 etc) open up the MAME game and press [Tab] on the keyboard and select 'Video', from there you can change some settings.

FTP is the best for large files and stuff, so yeah, I use that ;)

Hope I helped or something :D
  • From what I understand, MAME4All runs at full speed compared to AdvMAME. To get MAME4All to run properly, you need the 37b5 set of ROMs. They are a bit harder to find but they are out there.
  • Thanks guys
  • and yes conno, you have helped!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!