NES ROMs don't load !
  • Hello !

I have a raspberry Pi B, with a SD card 8 Go, 40Mb/s sand disc. I trie PiPlay 0.8beta5 and 7 and I have the same issue with all NES ROMs and just with them. Black screen, short flash with the menu PiPlay and black screen ... and nothing !

The other emulator run properly.

I don't now what can i do, i triy to configure my raspberry, keyboard, ... but nothing ...

Anybody have an idee or the same probleme ?

Thank's by advance ...
  • new informations !

in fact after the short flash i have a black sceen but i'm back in PiPlay menu ! I can move in and start an other emulator ...

explications :

I strart nes game...
    black sceen
    short flash NES menu
    black sceen
    press enter
    short flash PiPlay menu
    I use arrow to go to game boy and press enter (blind)
    short flash GameBoy menu
    I presse enter
    game boy game load normaly

that's it, after i can do all normaly...
  • I try lot of Roms and it's the same issue.

i try other emulator like retroPi an roms load correctly, I don't understand...

anybody have an id ?
  • any body have Nes rom working fine for a test ?
  • I've just tested nes emulation with the Last piplay release this week and i've the same probleme you have.
    I've tried two different set and no result... :/
  • I'm not sure that you have to, but have you tried extracting the roms so that they aren't zipped?
  • Not sure right now but if memory serve me right, all files are .nes files (and they work with cupcade distro)
  • All mine are zipped and they work with 0.8beta7. We primarily play nes
  • Hum... So maybe that's the problem... As soon as i can i will test with zipped rom :)
  • (Sorry double post)
  • nah, mine are all unzipped. My guess would be there's an error in the cfg file. can you upload your config file somewhere? or email it to me at holgate.mark1@gmail.com.

the file is located at: /home/pi/.fceux/fceux.cfg
    (remember that .fceux is a hidden folder)
  • I just got some roms for the NES as well and got the same problem.

started PI as normally.
    load up NES
    then Black screen, that it flashes on key input.
    If I exit NES then I still have the Black screen and flashing

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!