Top and Bottom Border in MAME4All
  • I'm running in vertical mode on a 4:3 monitor. The PiPlay Menu is fine, but when I run MAME4All, it fills the screen left to right, but there is a border top and bottom. I tried adjusting the "display_border= " in mame.cfg. 0 gives me the border as described. If I add something like -30, it fills the top and bottom in but then it goes off the screen left and right.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  • I think you need to make a right setting for the screen resolution in MAME for each game. I hade the same problem in AdvMame and just needed to set the right screen resolution for each game.

I don't know if it can be done in general so it apply to all roms
  • I checked more roms and as it turns out, some, like frogger and donkey kong don't fill the screen, while others like galaga do. So I think you are right that I'd need to adjust each game individually, but I don't think that's an option with MAME4All. If you can do that in MAME4All I don't know how or where.
  • Ya how do you set it for each one?
  • Any way to make everything just a bit smaller (height) that way Galaga will fit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!