Turning on Monitor
  • My monitor is a Magnavox LCD connected via HDMI. After powering off the whole system and powering on the monitor doesn't turn on automatically, I have to hit the power button... not good. Is there a way around it?
  • I'm assuming you are building a cabinet and want a single power on switch. Needless to say, selecting a monitor that will turn on when the power is applied without pressing the "on" button is a critical feature.

I doubt there is anyway to solve this very simply. If you are good with electronics and inclined to, you could probably hack into the monitor's switch and build a small timer circuit that would momentarily supply the right signal to power on the monitor.
  • @fsa317, what model lcd is it? Does it support CEC? If it does, you can enable cec and pair it with your pi to get your pi to turn on and off your monitor.
  • its an older LCD, Magnavox 19" (dont have the model # handy). I highly doubt it supports CEC.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!