Update to 0.8 not working for me
  • Hello,

I am a total noob to both piplay and the raspberry pi in general.

I was able to install both raspbian (through noob) and followed instructions on github to install pimame (piplay). When install is complete I got version 0.7.10. Menu comes up after boot and all seems OK. I tried a couple of roms (for nes initially since that is what I have) and all seems OK. I would like to update to 0.8.x latest version before I go to far.

I am able to connect to the internet and used the slick rom uploader.

I tried "sudo ./update.sh" from the pimame_installer directory and it goes through a long list of commands but at the end I still have version 0.7.10. I tried a couple of times followed by a few reboots an see no difference.

I also tried "wget -O - http://pimame.org/update.sh | bash" and this yielded a few errors and didn't appear to complete correctly. I tried this with / without sudo as I noticed some directories belong to root.

Errors
    cat: /home/pi/pimame/version: No such file or directory
    error: cannot open .git/FETCH__HEAD: Permission denied
    No stash found
    bash: Line 40: [: ==: unary operator expected

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Pupule

• I am a noob myself and I have found it very useful to have a few seperate SD cards for these projects. Use a fast SD card for installing pimame and then another to run xbmc, etc. That way you can experiment without mashing up your different settings and installations.
  • Yeah, don't use the installer from Github... I'll have a look at updating it to install 0.8

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!