Final Burn roms not loading in piplay 0.8.0 beta 7?
  • Has anybody had any trouble with roms not loading in final burn emulator? Most of my roms wont load. Is there a trick to alter the bios or should I modify the file extentions?
  • Do you mean Neogeo roms?
    Did you also copy the neogeo.zip (bios) to the same folder as the (neogeo) roms?
    The roms files should allways stay in zip format. In the FBA menu you can select if you only want to see the content of your rom collection.
  • Thanks Campo, I am on holiday now so hopefully I will be able to sort it out. Is there a tutorial or forum available to explain the whole neogeo.zip bios file to the correct folders as i am a bit of a noob?
  • advmame, mame4all, and FBA all support what are called 'parent files'. They are just bundles of files that are required for certain games to work. Sometimes they are bios files (neogeo), sometimes they are actual games, that other games are based on (1941 flying game). If you check your '/home/pi/pimame/emulators/fba/' folder, you will find a file called 'fba_029671_clrmame_dat.zip'. In there, you will find to files, one for games that run, and one for everything else, but they both will list the parent file for each rom (if it needs a parent file).
  • Campo

Where can I find the neogeo.zip file? I am looking in the emulator directory but cant seem to find it. I can only find the zip file for piFBA.
  • mholgatem

Could you please explain to a total noob, me, if there is anything that I should do with the file that you mentioned above, fba_029671_clrmame_dat.zip, I can open it but I am not complete sure what I should do with it in order to make my finalburn roms work?
  • that file is just a reference so that you can figure out which games should be working. It will also tell you if that file requires a parent file as well.
  • Awesome, will try it but I am still unable to find the neogeo.zip file?
  • mholgatem

As always thanks for your help and patience. Just briefly, where can I find the neogeo.zip file and what do I do (steps if you can) if a rom needs a parent file?
  • while I can't tell you where to find the neogeo.zip file (per forum rules), I can tell you that all you need to do is put the file in with your roms. final burn alpha and mame will automatically look for the parent file that is needed.
  • Sweet, will try that asap.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!