No sound on any ROM [PI B+]
  • Hi guys,

I've recently installed PiPLAY 0.8 beta 7 and it works pretty well :) You did a really good job on the RPI and I would like to thanks you for that.

I only have one problem to get the sound works through the 3.5 audio jack, actually I can't hear nothing on my speakers regardless of the emulator I use (NES or SNES).

I've checked on the net for similar problems and I try few stuff :
    - Force the jack output with raspi-config
    - change the hdmi_drive value from 2 to 1 in the /boot/config.txt file

Even with that, I still can't hear nothing.

Do you guys have any idea ?

Thx in advance.

ps : the sound of my ROMs works on other emulators system.
  • Audio has been the BIGGEST issue I have had getting things working. My first question to you is whether you are getting any sound at all? When you are in the Pi Main Menu where you can select which emulator you are going to use as you move around there should be a sound made with each move. If you aren't hearing anything then it's a general sound issue. If you are hearing that and there just isn't any sound in the games, there it's likely some ROM issue.
  • Nope, I don't have any sound at all even when I'm in the piplay main interface, it's a general issue. Do you know where I should start to resolve it ?
  • I had to add the following two lines to my /boot/config.txt to get any sound through HDMI.

hdmi_drive=2
    hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
  • I had the same issue. Turned out the volume was turned all the way down. Try going into the config menu by pushing the TAB key at the Piplay home screen and adjusting the system volume there.
  • Ok, so I tried the funnymanva's solution, but I want the sound through analog rather than HDMI.
    It works with the "amixer cset numid=3 1" cmd, so I tried to had this in my bashrc, but when launching PIPLAY it will not launch a command prompt, and my command will be bypass.
    Do you know where this command write the conf ? In wich file ?

@Dave : I've got the volume on the way up.
  • You should edit the /var/lib/alsa/asound.state file as I do in my conf script for raspicade :

https://github.com/ian57/Raspicade-configuration-files/blob/master/piaudioconf.sh

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!