Configuring FCEUX
  • OK I am beating my head against the desk here. I have a J-PAC JAMMA converter that is basically a keyboard. It converts the arcade controls to keyboard key strokes. Works great on MAME4ALL. Not so great in FCEUX.

I know I need to remap the keys in the fceux.cfg file. I've done that. But when i copy the file back to the /.fceux directory and try to start FCEUX it gives me a "segmentation fault" and goes back to the ROM select screen. I've made sure the file permissions are set to 775 like I found in another thread. FCEUX sees my contols as a keyboard so that is the section of the cfg file I have edited. The direction arrows are correct by default, I just need to remap start, select, A, B and once I'm done with that I'll start to think about player two's controls.

As near as I can tell the CFG file reads the keystrokes as ASCII numbers.

Any ideas out there?

And If I get this sorted out I'll write up a How-To for it, because this is frustrating!
  • it mirrors ascii to an extent. For all of the keys you need to check out the SDL_keysym.h file If you j-pac emulates key-presses, why don't you just use the controller config (press 'tab' in the piplay main menu)?

If you that doesn't help, try posting your config file and we can take a look at it.
  • Oh good grief I can't believe I never saw that option under the tab menu. Yeah that worked. *facepalm*
  • :P I'm just glad that It worked!
  • Got another question. That works, but some of the keys do things like start and stop movie recording and select save states originally. Now that I have my keys mapped correctly they do both things. Like when I hit the A button on controller 2 it brings up the save state dialog. Any ideas how to disable things like that? I don;t care to save movies or load save states.
  • i haven't tried this myself (yet) but i think going into /home/pi/.fceux/fceux.cfg you can change the mapping. So, maybe change

SDL.Hotkeys.SelectState0 = 48

to some other key that isn't mapped.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!