snes emulator quits on controller X?
  • Odd issue here. I have a cheap usb snes controller from amazon and mapped the keys yet when I press x on the controller it quits out of the emulator?
    Iv moved the quit from escape to another key on the keyboard but that didn't help so that's me out of ideas why it exits?

Anyone else any ideas what's going on and how to diagnose and solve it?
  • is your controller mapped to keyboard keypresses or does it register as a joystick? pisnes has 2 different sections in it's config file, depending on keyboard/joystick. I image that something is just mapped wrong. according to the pisnes source code, there are 3 ways that you can exit, keyboard mapped key/joystick mapped button/start+select together
  • Thanks for the exstra info mholgatem
    I'll have another look tonight see what the controller is outputting

Controller in question
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DG9KGHO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
  • Right it comes up as device js0
    Running jstest --normal js0
    Button 0 is x (or top button as its also labeled)
    Pressing it toggles nothing except it

I cant seem to see why it is doing this?
  • ahh, I see. it looks like the default config maps exit to the 0 key to exit. Did you run the controller config (press 'tab'/button 3 in piplay main menu)? If you did that already, then I'm guessing that you may have used the keyboard for your escape key. You can manually configure your controller by changing '/home/pi/pimame/emulators/snes9x.cfg'
  • yes i did use the keyboard for the escape key as had run out of buttons on the controller, unless i use select as not to many games use select..
    Thanks ill manually edit next! ^_^
  • yeah, that was my bad. The formatter should be set so that the default button is something like '999' so it doesn't accidentally coincide with real buttons. I'll try to make sure that this gets fixed in the next update. Glad it's working now!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!