Hiding unused Emulators: HOW do I edit config.yaml?
  • So I saw the below question about hiding unused emulators, and ran into a problem. I have NO idea how to edit those files. Yanking the card and putting it in my pc does no good, as that just brings me to the NOOBS recovery partition.

So what can I do?

(And is there -any- way to increase the icon size of the emulators? I'm stuck using this on a teeny screen.)
  • if your pi is on your network, then you can edit the files using an ssh program like PuTTY or you can use FileZilla to move the files between your computer and your pi (just put in the ip address of your pi, password is 'raspberry'). or finally, you can edit them directly on your pi by exiting to the command line and typing
    nano ~/pimame/pimame-menu/config.yaml
  • (Hang on, ignore that comment while I test something.)
  • I copied the files over to my windows PC via FTP and edited them with wordpad, NOT notepad. Worked perfectly.
  • yeah, the problem with the yaml file format is that incorrect spacing can screw it all up. I think in the very near future we are going to move everything to a database.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!