Retrolink SNES controller and SNES Emulator crash
  • I am currently using a Retrolink SNES USB controller and it works fine on the emulator. Except for one small detail... Whenever I press the "X" button (which also happens to be the select button on the PiPlay Menu) it crashes the rom and exits to the rom list. Anyone knows how to fix this?
  • Solved it! Turns out that the quit button is set to "0" which is also the same value for the "X" button on my joystick. I just edited the .cfg file and all is good. :D
  • I'm really new to PiPlay and Linux, can I ask where I would find the .cfg file? Like, how would I access it?
  • if you press 'tab' or button3 in the piplay main menu, you can just run the controller config app. But otherwise, you can get to it at /home/pi/pimame/emulators/pisnes/snes9x.cfg
  • Thanks! The controller config app doesn't fix it though, but I'll try the other way.
  • I'm having the same issue. I see you solved the problem. I'm wondering what you ended up choosing for your config file. What value did you use for the X button and quit?

thanks!
  • Here's the values for each button. The emulator is set to exit by using Start + Select by default.

8= select
    9= start
    3= y
    0= x
    2= b
    1= a
    4= L
    5= R

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!