Just cant figure it out
  • So I have it installed on my Pi and it boots up to the screen where I can select either 1. arcade 2. console etc..... I select 1. arcade and then mame4all.. It starts to load and then error:no games found

I have used the web to load a few roms

From the game loader screen I click "Roms" then "NES". Browse for the ROM and then click upload. Still does not work. I have tried the same process with different ROMS, tried putting them in the mame4all folder, nothing is working. I am not very familiar with Linux and learning as I go. I am hoping I am just missing a super simple step. Can someone help me out?

Thanks
  • If I go in through the console then I am able to get the roms to play. They look like crap but they play. When everything is loading then it looks like everything is too big for the screen. When I play through the consoles then it will not fill the screen. I am connecting through a composite cable to a old school tube tv. I picked this on purpose as it is what I want to use in the cabinet I plan on building once I get a stable system running.
  • What version are you running?
  • 0.7.10 is the one I installed and then followed instructions for any updates.
  • Hmm... Thats a fairly old version, I suggest updating to the newest version. A lot of things like the uploaded and directory structure have changed.

If you want to stay with 0.7.10 then try uploading via FTP (Tutorial on Piplay.org)

Good luck!
  • @jay_in_cgohio - Like Conno123009 said, I would start with a fresh image of the newest version. There have been some huge changes since .7.10 and everything might not migrate correctly.
  • I thought what I had was the latest stable version. I will try the latest beta release and see if that makes a difference
  • Even though its called Beta, its basically stable anyway... :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!