contoller problem
  • After i have installed the latest version of piplay, i was happy when i managed to get my Roms omboard the pi :)

When i pressed tab and went to the controller setup i selected "all" so i configred all the mapping for the Emus.

When i started my one of my nes Roms the controller dont work?

I han navigate in the piplay menus but not play the games. And the controller ar configred

What am i doing wrong?
  • If I remember correctly, there was a bug with fceux (the nintendo emulator). You had to run the emulator once to create the proper folders/files, then run the controller config. So try running it again for the nes and see what happens.
  • I have the same issue. I can navigate the menu, but not use the joystick in roms. I have tried configuring the controls via tab.

Are there additional places where I can do the configuration. I have already looked in ~/pimame/emulators/fceux

• I just realized that you are probably using joystick. That doesn't work right now with the controller configuration. I contacted a user on the boards who has successfully configured them for joystick input to get a copy of his configuration file. When I get that, then I will be able to set up the controller config to do the same.
  • I'm in the same boat. I am using a USB controller. It seems to map without any issue. But if I go in snes or nes it's as if no mapping has been done, and the default mapping is not good enough to play (although almost). Damn it's hard to explain, but it just seems as though the config doesn't actually save.
  • We've made a bunch of changes to fix problems that people have been having. I'm hoping that they get pushed in an update very soon.
  • If I update when those fixes are pushed, will I be able to run the controller config, and have a controller in NES, or will I need to mess with config files first?
  • when the updates come out, controller config will update NES for you, you shouldn't need to do anything.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!