Mouse not working with Mame4All
  • Hi, very new to Pi. i have installed Piplay but find that i can't use the mouse with Mame4all. The mouse seems to work with AdvMame but not Mame4All. i can't figure out how to configure it to work. I want to play missile command and use the mouse combined with my arcade buttons. It does seem to work with ADVmame but not Mame4all. i prefer to use Mame4all as it runs the games much faster.
    Any suggestions please?
  • Same problem, no mouse in Mame4All. Mouse works fine in Stella. In mame.cfg, I have mouse=yes. I also tried mouse=1. Neither worked.
  • Does Mame4all point toward a specific mouse device? e.g. /dev/mice or /dev/mouse0?
  • Got my trackball (mouse) working again. You can't have the joystick and trackball connected at the same time. Disconnected the joystick before starting Mame4All, trackball worked fine.

So I guess the next question is, how do you get them to work at the same time?
  • A second install of mame4all might work.
    One dedicated to trackball games.

Gpio interface would bypass the need for USB and hopefully let you use the trackball then.

Goto advancemame instead?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!