Xin-mo setup on PiPlay beta 4.
  • Hi I know that there have been lots of posts about mapping joysticks, but as a pi noob. I am struggling a bit.
    Got everything working. Great build. Have placed some roms in neo-geo lib and mame4all lib. Used the control set up button in the main piplay menu. And have managed to play a few games. My question is I have 2 joysticks with 6 buttons , a player 1 and player 2 + start coin buttons. But can somebody please explain the steps I need to take to get both player 1 and player 2 controls mapped. Do I use jtest?? And how do I run it? Any help would be most appreciated... Thks
  • I tried and tried to get 2 players setup with xin-mo but I couldn't get any of the emulators to recognize joystick 2... I switched over to I-pac since it actually emulates keystrokes. If anyone has any more info on this I would also be interested
  • right now, the controller config doesn't support adding a second controller. You can manually edit the config files to add 2 player though. Shea is the one who wrote the controller script and he will be on vacation this week, but I know that it is very high on his priority list.
  • Ok thanks for the update. I will continue trying to sort it out, good to hear that it's on Shea list for the future. It's a great project and I really want to use the pi for my new arcade manchine. I already converted a cab a few years ago with the I-pac, but wanted to use the xim-mo this time.
  • @mholgatem - (PiFBA) I've manually edited the arcade.cfg for player 2 but it didn't work. (all buttons and joysticks are working as I have tried using the controller settings to set them as player 1)

Are there supposed to be files that I need to run to apply the settings? (I've only tried restarting rPi after saving the edited arcade.cfg)
  • @mephistod - That's the only thing that you should need. can you post your arcade.cfg?

• [Keyboard]
    # Get codes from /usr/include/SDL/SDL_keysym.h
    A_1=100
    B_1=99
    X_1=115
    Y_1=120
    L_1=97
    R_1=102
    START_1=13
    SELECT_1=9
    LEFT_1=276
    RIGHT_1=275
    UP_1=273
    DOWN_1=274
    QUIT=27

#player 2 keyboard controls, disabled by default
    A_2=999
    B_2=999
    X_2=999
    Y_2=999
    L_2=999
    R_2=999
    START_2=999
    SELECT_2=999
    LEFT_2=999
    RIGHT_2=999
    UP_2=999
    DOWN_2=999

[Joystick]
    # Get codes from "jstest /dev/input/js0"
    # from package "joystick"
    A_1=0
    B_1=1
    X_1=2
    Y_1=3
    L_1=4
    R_1=5
    START_1=6
    SELECT_1=7
    #Joystick axis
    JA_LR=0
    JA_UD=1
    #player 2 button configuration
    A_2=10
    B_2=11
    X_2=12
    Y_2=13
    L_2=14
    R_2=15
    START_2=16
    SELECT_2=7
    #Joystick axis
    JA_LR_2=2
    JA_UD_2=3

[Graphics]
    DisplaySmoothStretch=1
    # Display Effect: 0 none, 1 scanlines
    DisplayEffect=0
    DisplayBorder=0
    MaintainAspectRatio=1

[Sound]

• @mholgatem - If i swap the joystick configs between player 1 and player 2, then the player 2 buttons and joysticks will work as player 1. However player 1's buttons and joysticks will become disabled.
  • you are using xin-mo, yes? If that's the case, I found the answer for you. So you can implement the changes yourself and compile if you want. When Shea gets back from his vacation, I will talk to him about implementing the changes for the next update.
  • Thank you!

I thought this already implemented in the current beta version? I notice @ian57 applied a fix which resolved this back at May this year and shared on his git (referring the thread - http://pimame.org/forum/discussion/1015/xin-mo-compatible-emulators-pisnesmame4allpifba#Item_26)

I can definitely give it a go (was hoping it to be a simple parameter fix lolz) :-)
  • dude conno has a post with easy steps to make it work.

im a xin mo user and i can play on SNES FBA and MAME thanks to him.
  • thanks to ian57 too
  • waiting on updates from Conno
  • @mephistod
    MAME4ALL works, PiFBA didn't (But I think that was just me, I'll have to try with a clean image)
    PiSNES sort of worked. But @mholgatem has compiled his own which should work well, as well as having toggle-able Xin-Mo support: http://pimame.org/forum/discussion/1015/xin-mo-compatible-emulators-pisnesmame4allpifba#Item_33
  • @Conno123009 - Oh just saw your post on this thread. Yes PiSNES is working. Do you have the new compiled binaries for MAME4ALL?

I'm still working on PiFBA, darn I forgot to backup before overwriting with my compiled version (which failed). Had to flash a new image as well.
  • Hi all any idea when the next update will be released ?
  • I've patched pifba like mholgatem patched pisnes. You can find it (source and exe) at https://github.com/ian57/Raspicade-pibfa-xinmo you can select xinmo support in fba2x.cfg

[Joystick]
    #1 = XinMoSupport, 0 = standard
    XinMoSupport=1

there are to examples of config files : one for gamepads and the other one for xinmo

It works -> http://youtu.be/pFv3BAh9zsQ

I've patched Picodrive (genesis emu) too https://github.com/ian57/Raspicade-PicoDrive

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!