(0.8b3) Splashscreen/menu is formatted for wide-screen only
  • ... on a 1024x768 (4:3) PiCade, you can still see kernel/init messages in the top- and bottom- borders!

The main menu also looks to be 16:9, but as it is top-aligned, this just leads to a larger border at the bottom
  • put this in /boot/config.txt

# uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA)
    # configure 1024x768 on vga display
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=16
  • Thanks for the reply, but I may not have explained myself very well - the resolution is entirely correct, but it doesn't look as if the artwork is sized to cope with 4:3 (rather than 16:9) screens, thus the (text-filled) borders at the top and bottom of the screen!
  • Ok, I understand now. I think it is a piplay issue and not a raspi config issue. I'm not the one who can answer here.
  • I believe that this issue will be resolved in the next release. I know Shea has gotten a PiCade to test on, so I imagine he has taken care of this.
  • Where PiPlay show the video set a -b in the omxplayer to make all around the video black so it don't show. Like this

omxplayer -o hdmi -b /home/pi/pimame/PiPLAY.mov
  • oh wow, thats cool. didn't know that command. Thanks!
  • @Tyde where and how do I put in that command?
  • The Omxplayer is in the start script some where. I can remember the place, but I can get it when I get home from work.
  • @Tyde Any luck on where this is?
  • Sorry been a rough month, but now I have vacation.

The Omxplay is started in /etc/init.d/ and you need to edit the file called asplashscreen.
    The line where to edit is 16.
  • Ohhh and also if you have sound problem with the "-o hdmi" witch is sound true the HDMI connection. You can change it to "-o local" to give audio true the jack stick.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!