problems i have encountered
  • Hi all

Just thought id go through a few problems here ive hit so far see if anyone can help me out where possible
    Would just like to thank everyone who's taking part in the forums to as its an amazing project!

Firstly scrap all isn't working for me but I'm assuming its crashing as it dose on others on the c64 which needs the link adding in but mine is also failing to scrape NES hitting this error, anyone any ideas what's happening, is it the same issue just needing a redirect link or is it that the name of the game its searching caused an issue?

http://1drv.ms/1lqKRGe

I have built a 2 player setup now how on earth do I map each emulator which can take a 2nd player with a 2nd set of controls? My searching only found mame and a possible working snes setup?

For some reason every time I start my rpi without a keyboard it wont see that I have controls plugged in (cheap usb ipack nock off) yet I plug in a usb keyboard boot up and unplug (or leave in) and it works? Anyone else had this issue? Any ideas what's causing it and how to fix?
    I'm new to rpi but my limited guess would be its not being spotted while booting up unless the keyboards already in then its using the same drivers?

Same as a couple otheres when I'm mapping keys its registering 2 presses when I'm moving the joystick, I'm guessing the easiest way to fix this is to manually set each key while setting up the 2nd player?

Ive not yet finished my setup still sound, graphics and a customs theme to add in but enjoying it, if not a little impatient with myself :D

Edit-
    You know I swear ive seen an option after hitting tab to remove un used roms in a youtube vid somewhere yet I cant see it in mine?

Also exstra info
    Piplay 0.8b4 plugged in and updated to 0.8b5
    Also ran update and upgrade while I was at it
    Others than that and uploaded roms mines an un edited version

I am glad for 1 problem tho, I uploaded all my roms via using Firefox and directing to the rpi I.P
    I'm sure an ftp program would have been faster I just couldn't be bothered to download one while I was uploading mind you it was a hell of a lot of games may have been 8gig in total.
  • That error in the scraper means that you have a game title with a non-ascii letter.

Right now, to set up two players, you can manually set the config files (like in the dark ages). Otherwise, I have already created the script to configure 2 controllers, it's just waiting on approval

what do you mean by 'remove unused roms'? If you want to hide emulators that don't have roms, you can edit the /home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/config.yaml file. Just set the attribute for each emulator to Visible: False
  • Thanks mholgatem!
    Perfect timing for the player 2 for me then ^_^ ill just wait until its out save messing things up
    Sorry yes I meant emulator was late making these posts Las night
    Right ill re name/remove the offending title later thanks ^_^

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!