Joystick Problems, please help
  • Alright, I got PiPlay up and running on my pi: all the emulators I've tried work, sound worked after I forced it through the 3.5mm jack, and even the tatsunoko vs capcom stick I've got works (with a mayflash adapter) without any crazy fiddling. Well, kind of.

Here are the problems I have as of now:

Even after the mapping program seemingly worked 4 times, the NES emulator refuses to recognize my joystick. No clue why, and when used with a keyboard there were no problems.

When going through mapping the controls for all emulators, I noticed some controls were being skipped over like I was spamming buttons (even though I had only hit the joystick button once). So, I ran jstest, and it turns out that buttons 4 and 5 register twice on and twice off for every single press. I have no idea why this is happening, but if there's a way to fix it (without replacing buttons) that would be awesome.

Does anyone have some kind of fix for either of these problems? I'd really appreciate the help.
  • Having the same problem here
  • Seems mine dose the same pressing any direction on my joystick

An easy fix for this issue could be while programming the controllers to ignore all previously used buttons per controller config?

But I guess an easy fix for us in the mean time is to manually edit the controller config files by hand
  • The problem with ignoring previously used buttons is that some people map a single button to several actions (I have x,y, & z all mapped to 1 button on genesis). I might be able to add a spam catcher though. I think that there is a way to just apply the first event (button press) then clear the rest of the events until the next button config request. I'll have to look into it.
  • @pongo

how do I manually enter controls

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!