Problem with Legal Notice
  • Since one of the recent updates (beta 4 I think) when I had to actually install Mame, every time I go to play a game it pops up with the legal notice that I have to move the joystick to get past and then the game info that I have to press a button to get past. I wouldn't really mind it too much except for two things. First, my six-year-old son likes to play on the cabinet I built for my Dad, and he has trouble reading. This is just more steps that make it more difficult for him to be able to start a game on his own. Second, ever since this update, Galaga will not work. It brings up the legal notice, and I move the joystick as it says. After that the screen goes black and nothing happens. The game info never comes up and the game never starts. Is there any way to disable this or at least set it to only display on the first run of the ROM?
  • Ok. I had the same issue with Galaga. You just have to press left and right again at the black screen and it will work.

To get rid of the copyright and info message, add misc_quiet yes to your ~/.advance/advmame.rc file.
  • That worked great, thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!