NeoGeoX Pi Skin Update!
  • Here is a look at the update i have done to the skin of Final Burn for the Pi i adapted to my NeoGeoX base console. i decided to have NeoGeo roms only. since it was in a NeoGeo housing it just made better sense that way. my Pi loads right into FBA and gets you into the action quicker. i also updated my splash screen, its not too fancy, but it works better than my previous one. i have every MVS game working on here, however some of the really large roms have frame skipping issues causing the sound to skip or crackle. i am currently at 900mhz and it seemed to help a little, but its still not perfect.
    the only other issue i am having is the button mapping, the button layout on my controller is out of order, for example: button A on my controller is actually button D and B=B and C=A and D=C. i am not using the PiPLAY menu to config so i can't use the control config, my pi loads right into FBA, but i did set the buttons up the way i wanted them using the PiPLAY controller config option in the menu system before i set FBA to auto load. now when i play my games the buttons are all moved around, what's worse is when i go to the fbacapex.cfg file and make my changes, nothing happens. so i did a test to try turning off the smoothe stretch and added scanlines to see if it would do anything. nothing different happens! i was thinking there has to be another config file somewhere so i looked around and saw the neogeo.cfg file and messed with that, still nothing. this is the final piece of my puzzle to get my set up back to normal. please someone help, my brain is getting sore. : )

here is a video of my current setup:
    http://youtu.be/HEdjFajY2b0?list=UUCJXGV2Sl_WAq9v_YSRgtgw
  • I really like that boot video! It's really cool!
  • There is also a config file called arcade.cfg that you might check. That is where my FBA was pulling the controls from, and it took me a while to figure out that it was overwriting my fba config with the settings from there.
  • where would i find the arcade.cfg file? that would have to be the one since i haven't seen that one yet.
  • Awesome work :)
  • The arcade.cfg file is in /home/pi/pimame for me. I'm not sure when it is created, but I think it may be if you use the controller config tool inside PiPlay. Once I made the appropriate changes there, my FBA worked fine. :)
  • That looks so cool.
  • thanks everyone, i like how people get along in this forum and help each other. and thanks dubstylee, i will give that a shot, i haven't tried that cfg file yet, it might be the one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!