I-PAC2 question
  • I just ordered an I-PAC2 for the next project I'm going to be working on. I just have a question for those I-PAC2 users out there, or anyone who is familiar with it. In the picture of an I-PAC, it looks like it has 2 PS/2 ports on it. Does that mean that each player has to be wired separately? I mean, does it require two PS/2 cords, or is one of these for USB and one for PS/2? The picture makes it look as though each player has their own output.
  • Right, I don't plan to use the PS/2 interface, I am just wondering about the two ports on the board. The one I ordered comes with a USB cord, which I think is a PS/2 on one end and USB on the other end. I just wanted to know if I need to get two of the cords, as there looks to be one port on for each set of controls.

How do you like your mini-pac? I am building two separate panels, one "primary" panel that will have an entire PC built into it for running the emulation software, and then an "auxiliary" panel for player 3/4 for the ability to play those games if needed. I originally was going to make a single 4 player panel, but I decided that I don't like the idea of having player 3/4 angled, or on the outside edge of the control panel, so I have decided on the two separate panels. Anyway, I will be looking at purchasing a second interface for the extra panel, unless I decide to just use my xin-mo that I've already got.
  • I do have an I-Pac2. The 1st PS/2 interface is for the connection with the computer (with PS/2 or an optional USB adaptor), with the 2nd one you can connect and pass through a PS/2 keyboard.
  • @urogutt, thanks for the info! I was wondering what was the need for the second port.

yeah, I have an x-arcade 2 player control panel (without the trackball). I agree, it was a pain in the arse to configure non-default mapping. I noticed that the settings would go back to default when you shut off the power, but a power-cycle of the control panel (button on the back) would load the custom configuration. I am thinking of either selling mine, or scrapping it for extra parts. I agree, whatever interface they have in there isn't the greatest. My xin-mo controls that I wired up work much better than the x-arcade.
  • I was wondering the same thing and hadn't looked at it it. I kind of thought it was for a second connection to the pc/pi, as I'd see it as a slight advantage to have two keyboard interfaces in parallel - one for each player.

Thanks for teh info @urogutt

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!