Piplay 0.8.5 beta - where can I find it?
  • According to Shea's blog it was supposed to go live on Friday. Has it been delayed?
  • whats new?
  • Can we update beta 4 to 5 via the internal update feature or do we need to download and do a fresh SD card install? Thanks for the hard work guys!
  • The link under pimame.com's download site needs updating if they are ready.
  • im still on 0.83 :)
  • SHOOT! I forgot to update the main page. yes beta 5 is available, and yes you can update to it.

Updating the pages now.
  • I just ran update within the menus and it just updates automatically
  • and all the pages are updated, plus the updater should now say there's an update available.
  • I'm on beta 3 and the updater from the main menu won't work - is there a command line I can run to force it to update to the latest beta?
  • I just came back into town and fired up my rpi and used the in menu update feature. Now when I turn my pi on it does not go past the piplay animation and just ends up telling me the following error:

yaml.scanner.ScannerError:while scanning a simple key
    in "/home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/config.yaml", line 9 column 1
    &
    could not found expected " :"
    in "/home/pi/pimame/pimame-menu/config.yaml", line 10 column 20

Just want to see if I have to start over or is there a command line I can run to downgrade or redownload 8.5
  • just edit your config.yaml file. it looks like you are missing a colon somewhere around line 10
  • or you can copy and paste mine:
    options:
    max_fps: 20
    show_ip: Yes
    show_update: Yes
    fullscreen: Yes
    resolution: "0,0"
    sort_items_alphanum: True
    sort_items_with_roms_first: True
    hide_system_tools: False
    show_cursor: No
    allow_quit_to_console: True
    use_scene_transitions: Yes
    theme_pack: "tron"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!