HOW TO Guide and help to finish my project
  • Hello to the idea of this Manual is to make a guide for newbies. first say that I am one of those newbies and since this post is not mean to offend anyone but to help some people to get very lost like me.

The firstapologize for my English

In this guide ask your help as many will you be enjoying PIMAME I'm at 80% and that I can not set myX-Arcade DualJoystick: USB Included but for nowI'll give what I got. Hope for help me on this last point.

The guide will beboth in English and Spanish.

see here:

http://www.itwaju.com/2013-06-17-14-20-06/arcade-raspberry-pi

Thx in advance
  • Great guide thx for sharing!
    You can add that if you running linux on your computer, a simple drag and drop of your rom on the correct SDcard's folder can be a solution too :-)
  • @jumper the guide is great. Will definitely help people out.
  • thak

Your coment is add to the guide can you see in point 7.1

thx for the comment
  • This is great. Thank you so much for that. I will be posting this to the main page!
  • SSilver2k2

Would be a great honor. but for God's sake. help me please to configure the x-arcade to enjoy and complete the guide. ;-)
  • i search and find that picture but don´t undestand how change values in correct in .advance/advance.rc

http://www.xgaming.com/service/images/Layouts/PC-MAC.htm
  • Well i think i have a solved with advancemame x-arcade works if y unplug the extra keyboard but now problem is a sound of the games i use a HDMI i read a solution is use mame4all but the xarcade don´t work with mame4all. ¡¡problems¡¡ problems¡¡ all are problems ;....-( help please.
  • Sorry, I didn't realize you had both keyboards plugged in!

I am working on a guide for the TankStick and MAME4All :)
  • SSilver,
    Just wanted to add one more person who needs the TankStick configuration for Mame4all. Thanks!
  • Yep. I got it almsot working yesterday. The bottom right key on the tankstick maps to [ which MAME4All doesn't want to see.

Also the config file is a binary file, rather than text or XML. So it's been fun trying to get it to work.
  • I just configured a TankStick for a friend and I actually ended up using the second memory bank (switch on the back) to program the TankStick with a PS/2 keyboard plugged in. It seemed to be a lot easier than getting Mame4All or AdvMame to play with the existing TankStick default settings.
  • I was trying to avoid that. When the system is powered off, you have to hit the buttons on the back of the tank stick to "enable" the settings. You didn't have to do that with the original X-Arcade Stick.
  • True, but it's a minor trade-off...
  • I hooked it all up in my cabinet yesterday and used the Mame Menu (tab key to open during a game) to configure mame to use the inputs from the tank-stick.
    I only had to change for player 1.
  • Hey @jumper
    I just got the XArcade all configured and everything working correctly. I will like to help with your How-to.
    Let me know if you still want to work on it (I'm fluent in both, English and Spanish).
  • Is this something specfic to the tank stick? The reason i ask is because i have the dual and that one was auto detected in .8.3. Did it break in .8.4?
  • I want to amend my last question/statement -I'm having the same as SSilver2k2 where on player 2 the furthist right key on the second row does not want to be recognized.
  • @luisusmc, as Shea said, MAME4all isn't recognizing the [ character, which is what the far right button on the second row maps to. I solved this by re-mapping the button to a different key, in my case, I used 'V'. You can get instructions on how to re-program the X-Arcade buttons on their web site: http://www.xgaming.com/support/questions/15/X-Arcade™+Programming+Guide

Just remember, the "default" layout cannot be programmed, you have to use one of the other settings (there is a switch on the back of the control panel). Also, every time you power up your machine that the X-Arcade is connected to, it will load the default controls, regardless of which mode the switch is set to. You just need to hit the button on the back twice, which will turn it off and on, and then it will reload with the config your switch is set to.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!