Samples Location in Mame4all
  • With the samples, do i need to pack all the .wav files into the rom ziped folder of that specific game or is there a way to upload all more samples into a different folder and tell Mame4all where that folder is? Serached the forums extensively and couldn't find an answer. I'm finding mame4all and Piplay alot more confusing then i first thought it would be but the forums have been my savior and i'm so close to having it all setup as i wanted!
  • You don't need to zip them inside each game ROM and you don't need to tell Mame4all where the folder is located. They will just use them if they are located in the right place.

Under the Mame4all directory there should be a directory named samples. Take the samples from this site and unzip them to the directory. You just need to unzip the main files in the zip file to that directory (which is individual game zip samples). Each game sample works zipped. You do NOT need to unzip each sample located in the main zip.

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,2511
  • thanks Chad. now for my next noob question. How do i get to the desktop from the piplay menu? i've done it a few times but no idea what i did to get there?
  • @danielsondownunder hit escape so you go to the command line. then type "startx" that should start up the desktop. (I always need to escape another time because startx always brings piplay back)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!