pisnes with snes usb controller not found
  • Hi all

New to piplay, menu screen is working but getting an error that no xbox or xbox360 controller found. i'm using a usb snes controller, are these controllers supported or do i need to get the xbox ones?

thanks
  • they should work. I haven't used them but I believe that you need to download and install jtest

sudo apt-get jtest

do some searches on here or online for it to get everything up and running. Hopefully someone else can comment on here with what else you may need to do.
  • thanks i'll give that a go
  • pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install jtest

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

E: Unable to locate package jtest

do i need to install a repository first, seems like a few people have this problem
  • I have the same issue. It doesn't find the jtest package when I try to install it. I am also trying to use a usb snes controller.
  • you probably first need to run:
    sudo apt-get update
    This will synchronize your pi with the database of available software
  • no still the same
  • i'll try a full wipe and reinstall, get back in a few days
  • I have a SNES, Genesis, NES and Atari USB controllers. They all worked fine after the Jtest. Although on the NES I can't select items, only move the cursors., but that's just me being lazy and not modifying the config...
  • jtest just does not seem to be available, i try to configure controllers and just get that error in the CLI

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!