0.8b4 availability?
  • Hi Shea,

when can we expect the "final" 0.8b4? We (at least myself) are hardly waiting :)
  • and me, lol... I am checking your post every few hours. Can't wait ;-)
  • *your "Shea"
  • Haha..we are waiting...
  • We all are...
  • it's going to be .... soon. :)

Trust me, it's worth the wait.
  • We are working on some of the final bits and bobs right now.
  • So worth the wait. I'm so sorry for the delay. We found some show stopping bugs....but the kinks are mostly out and it should be literally any day now.
  • Nice! Can we "update" from b3, or do we have to do a clean image?
  • I haven't turned the updater on for this version yet, so the clean image is the onlyw ay now. Once I get more feedback, I'll turn on the updater and you should be able to move from b3 to b4.
  • Alright, guess I'll grab an old SD card and load it up on there to test it out :) Thanks!
  • Nice! Can't wait to clock out and downdload it!
  • Devo... About to board a plane to Melbourne, will have to wait til Monday to play :-( ... But thankyou Shea, I can't wait ;-)
  • 3.4GB - going to be some good stuff!!
    Spare memory cards just arrived in time.
  • Excellent! Downloading it now and have a great weekend!
  • I get a "image is corrupted" when i extract it with 7z. Is that my prob or does the img is damaged?
  • I have the same problem, also with WinZip and Windows Unzip. It seems the Image is damaged.
  • I'm downloading ATM. I'll see if its corrupt ;)
  • nope. I just downloaded it and extracted it with winrar. it's working just fine for me.
  • you are using sdformatter to format the card and Win32DiskImager to write the file to your sd card, right? Because windows format and drag 'n dropping the file won't work correctly.
  • The error happens while unzipping the file, not when writing to SD-Card. The error Message is s.th. like "Image is damaged, CRC error" when using 7Zip or Windows integrated unzip-function. I just downloaded WinRAR, now i can unzip without errors.
    Just writing to SD-Card with Win32DiskImager... :)
  • Umm. Just downloaded it (a tad before 8am in UK).
    Yes problems unzipping using Win7 & trying built-in unzipper & 7-Zip.
    Seems to show an error right at the end of unzipping.

Following @mholgatem instructions I am using Win 32 Imager to write the .img.zip straight to a 8GB card. - 37% done!!!

Maybe you guys need to add some text to the download page to warn people?
    If you can write .img.zip straight to card that is much better, no more extracting images first.

Thanks for the hard work.
  • No. I don't think that you can write the .IMG.zip to the SD card. It needs to be extracted first. You should use winrar to extract, sdformatter to format, and disk imager to write the file
  • I can also confirm it works :D
  • Yeah that does not work writing .img.zip

Just extracting via winrar to try that. - UPDATE it extracted no errors with winrar?

Were some specific options used when zipping? Strange that Win7 zipper & 7-Zip cause errors but winrar is fine?
  • Yeah it booted. Just setting up Wi-fi etc.
  • Some info about the update.

New emulators!
    Controller config - You can now easily update your control schemes for each emulator
    Custom Themes - You can now create custom themes.
    PopupMenu - Press 'tab' or 'joystick button 2' in the main screen to get useful menu items
    Letter Skip - Press 'tab' or 'joystick button 2' in the rom list to skip to specific letter
    Quick Skip - Press left or right for page skip in rom list
    Rom Scraper - Run the rom scraper to get boxart and correct names for roms
    Press 'K+S' in main screen to see kickstarter backers!

There's probably more, but I'm tired and it's late. :D
  • i havent been able to program the controls for my arcade joysticks.

first problem = there is no skip button when programming. It wants me to set up lower 3 buttons and i only have 3 buttons besides my menu/back/enter buttons and joystick.

second problem = any time I try and play a game it shoots error code saying joystick commands are set up incorrect.

third problem = ROM set that previously worked in advmame no longer works. over half of the rom's i have installed no longer appear in advmame. check ROM folder and it shows they are uploaded. check frontend from logging in to IP and shows games are on there, yet i go to advmame and some games aren't listed.

Love what you guys have been doing and love the direction you are headed in, but i think ill stick to beta3 until these issues are solved.

matt.
  • Any idea about an ETA to allow upgrading from b3 -> b4 using the menu?
  • It will be available once we work all of the bugs out. Hopefully in a week or two. I'm kind of out of the loop right now, as I'm on vacation; but I know that Shea is working diligently!
  • Just following this thread. Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!